posted Aug 16, 2015, 9:25 PM by Hammad Mahmood
updated Aug 22, 2015, 12:45 PM
220 Centennial Ave,
Piscataway, NJ 08854
August 6, 2015
Dear Brother/Sister in Islam,
As Salam 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatulahi Wa Barakatahu,
Subject: School Updates
All praises be to Allah Subḥānahu Wa Ta'āla, the most gracious and the most merciful, and we always seek His guidance and blessings in all our affairs, at the individual and collective level. Peace and blessings be on the Prophet Mohammed Sallahu Alahi Wa Sallam, who was sent as a blessing to the mankind. We pray to Allah Subḥānahu Wa Ta'āla that this letter reaches you at the highest level of Imaan and good health.
We hope that you and your family are enjoying the summer break. We would like to take this opportunity to provide you an update on the progress made so far and re-affirm our commitment in making An-Noor Academy one of the best academic institution. We at An-Noor Academy believe in continuous improvement where the planned initiatives are fully supported, implemented and monitored using the parameters noted below:
- Shaping a vision of academic success for all students based on high standards.
- Create an atmosphere of higher learning where the students learn and grow to play a positive role as a Muslim in this country
- Cultivate professional development so that teachers take leadership role in realizing school vision.
- Improve instruction to enable teachers to teach at their best and students learn at their utmost level.
We have a dedicated staff that is always providing students with the educational foundation necessary to succeed in school and play an important role in the society at large. To ensure your child’s success we have set high standards that are reflected in our instructional practices as highlighted below:
- Core Knowledge Curriculum: An-Noor Academy is one of the early adopters of the core knowledge curriculum - Core knowledge provides a core curriculum that is coherent, cumulative and content specific to help children establish strong foundation of knowledge in stages.
- Accelerated Math and Writing Program: A supplemental program that walk teachers/students through the progression of skills that students must master in order to move to the next level.
- Tahfeez Program: This is a unique program in the country where students devote their time in learning and memorizing Quran with equal attention to all academic classes. The students enrolled in this program have excelled in all academic classes as well as became Huffaz. This program has produced 43 Huffaz over the past years.
- Advanced Placement and Supplemental Classes for High School Students: Our High school students are offered AP courses in Chemistry, Math as well as Public Speaking classes to become critical thinkers and advance their career.
- Standardized Test Score: Our students have scored high marks in TerraNova test and our average SAT score is 1858 which is one of the best among all Islamic and Private schools. The average is about 350 points higher than National and State average and it places our students in 85th percentile i.e. among the top 15% students in the Nation.
- ECL Campus: The separate campus provides our young children an environment where they get stimulating education in a friendly and cooperative atmosphere. This creates academic excellence from the start and encourage children to explore and become confident achievers in the classroom and beyond.
- Student/Teacher Ratio: Our students/teacher ratio at the school is 6:1 which is very low and ensures proper learning at all levels.
Planning for the upcoming year
Every year the Board evaluates the progress and the needs of all our offerings and make necessary additions and updates to our programs to achieve our vision. The following are some of the enhancements for upcoming school year:
- Additions to Administration Team:
Collaboration and Communication: Principal, Assistant Principals and Directors of various programs to monitor student’s progress, promoting collaborative problem solving and open communication with the parents.Staff Development: Principal, Assistant Principals and Directors of various programs will be further involved in professional development of all staff and implementing and monitoring school improvement plan on a regular basis.Project Based Learning: Streamlining courses at Middle and High School to ensure that all students are achieving the stated goal and are part of the improvement process. Our teachers will provide latest curriculum including research opportunities for students to be more proactive and attain mastery of the subjects.Ongoing Monitoring and Evaluation: Monitor student achievement through various parameters such as school grades, standardized test results, participation in academic and sporting activities and community services. Set higher target for SAT Test results than achieved in the past and train students to excel in all that they do.Career/Admission Counselling: The students of Middle School and High school will be assigned a counsellor who will guide them in course selection, improve their skills, and familiarize them with the college admission process.
- Principal: Dr. Hassan Elannani who holds post graduate degree in Educational Administration & Supervision from Jackson State University, Jackson, Mississippi and earned his doctorate in Educational Administration from Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois. Dr. Hassan has several years of experience as the Principal, Instructor and Supervisor of various educational programs over the past 20 years.
- Assistant Principal (Middle School & High School): Br. Saad Ibrahim who holds Masters in Engineering from a competitive US university and has 15 years of experience as Head of the Math Department and Assistant Principal at various Islamic schools. He has a proven track record of advancing students achievement at every level.
- Assistant Principal (Elementary): Sr. Amel Khalil has past experience in managing school in a leadership role and will supervise the classes for better reporting and communication.
In conclusion we at An-Noor Academy strive to make our children understand that education is a lifelong journey and they should make the best use of the unique opportunity provided by the school and their parents. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure that our children achieve at their highest potential. We firmly believe that with our new Principal, Assistant Principals, and the dedicated staff, we are off to a great start, Insha’Allah!
We would like to thank you all for your unwavering support for the school and pray that Allah the Almighty reward you amply in this world and hereafter.
Board of Directors
An-Noor Academy & Darul-Huda Institute